Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I Can Crochet Too!

Ever since I was a young girl, I have watched my mom crochet.  When my cousins were old enough and started getting married, she would crochet them a beautiful afghan for their wedding gift.  After watching her do this for many years, I decided that when my close friends got married, I would make them an afghan as well.  While mine might not be quite as good as hers, I think I'm getting the hang of it.  I can almost read crocheting instructions!


One of my best friends got married this past August.  This is the afghan I made for her.


 I like the ruffling on the bottom and top of the blanket.  I fournd the pattern in a book that was fairly simply to follow.  One thing though-it isn't very wide.  It's only big enough for one person, really.  My mom was able to later alter the pattern to make it wider, although that would require more skeins of yarn.  Oh well!

This afghan was made with Lion Brand Yarn-Pesto.  Green is my friend's favorite color, so I figured this should work well in her new home!  It is so comfortable to cuddle up in too!

No comments:

Post a Comment