Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Pretty in Pink (And Purple...and Winnie the Pooh...)

My best friend had a little baby girl about a week ago.  She is the most precious little thing I've ever seen!  I'm so excited for her and her husband to raise this beautiful little child of God.  Being the crafty best friend that I am, I helped her decorate the room that her little girl is going to be in.  And what is being crafty without my Cricut?!?

Before the baby was born, we had had some ideas, but the one we liked best was to put a Winnie the Pooh border around her room.  Fortunately, I have the Pooh Font cart. which also includes some absolutely adorable baby Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, and Eeyore characters.  So we set to work, finding vinyl from Robert's Arts and Crafts.  However, Provo Craft's cricut vinyl color selection isn't the greatest, especially when you are trying to find the specific yellow and orange to make a Tigger.  Luckily for us, I had recently started up blogging again, and had stumbled onto Expressions Vinyl.  Awesome?  You bet!

After a couple of Cricut crafting sessions, her room was almost done!  We just had a few things left to put up when....the baby came!!  So her room didn't get finished before she came.  Luckily for us, newborns don't really have an opinion about what is on the walls of their rooms :)  A few days after she was born, I was able to go over and help my friend and her new little one (Allisyn is her baby's name) out, and finish up the room!  It's a beautiful room for a beautiful girl!
Piglet
Winnie the Pooh
Eeyore
Tigger
This is how the characters are essentially spaced out on the wall. 
Oh-and a close up of the cute clock I made for the room as well!
Maybe one day Allisyn will be able to tell time :)

And then to top things off, we put her name over her crib.  I think it looks just wonderful!

The font I used was Alphalicious (my friend's choice) and the swirlies come from Home Decor cart. 
Very elegant!


You get the picture :)  

Basically, I can't wait to have my own kids so I can decorate their rooms all cute and pink and/or blue.
My room was definitely never this cute! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment