Sunday, September 5, 2010

Time Card :)

No, I'm not talking about that little piece of paper you punch in and out every day at work.  The challenge
365 Cards is ad inspired.  Basically I took this ad-


and decided to make a card based on/around what I saw/felt from the card.  The sentiment I decided to portray was "Thank you for your time."  There are so many people around me who give the time to benefit me in various different ways.  This one was fun to do as well!  Check out my card!~

You know how sometimes a picture just cannot do its subject justice?  Well, this is one of those times.  There is a lot more dimension that it looks like right now.  The flowers are quilled (at least, I think that's what it is called). I got the idea from the Cricut Messageboard HERE.  I just followed the instructions, put the right shapes into my DS and the cut the out.  Afterwards, I inked the long strips of soon-to-be flowers with Distress Ink, and then rolled them up.  I stuck some pretty brads in the middle to give the flowers their center.  I also was able to cut out the awesome frame with my DS (just using a silhouetted square and a circle welded together from George cart.)  The sentiment came from MM (Making Memories) rub-ons, and the cute little tag that time is on?  DS. I just welded a rectangle from George cart. and a couple of brackets from my favorite Home Decor cart. together.  I think it turned out very nicely.

I'd love to know what you think, and thank you for your time! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment